Go to top
GRILLED OYSTERS WITH LEMON-CAYENNE VIN BLANC
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons instant fish bouillon
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine wine and shallots in a saucepan and bring to a full boil. Cook until it’s reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Add water, cream, and bouillon; bring back to a boil.
- Melt the butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, until it smells toasty, about 1 minute. Don’t let the flour brown. Add half of the wine mixture and stir well to dissolve the roux. Stir in the rest of the liquid and bring to a simmer. Add cayenne pepper, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Using an oyster knife, sever the muscle on both sides of the shell of each oyster. Discard the top shells. Spoon 2 teaspoons of sauce on each oyster, set on a hot grill and cook until the edges of the oysters start to ruffle and sauce starts to sizzle.
Shin Grand Food Trading Ltd.
Business Address : 6611 Minoru Blvd., Richmond, BC, Canada
Vancouver Tel : 001-778-239-1268
China Tel : 137-9976-8296