Water from the Bay of Fundy (or heavily salted water)
2 lb(s) live Atlantic lobster
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 cup canola oil
1 lemon, juiced
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 loaf sourdough bread
1 Tbsp butter, softened
Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
1. Bring ocean water (or heavily salted water) to a boil.
2. Dunk lobster in head first (do not kill by splitting the head, not only is it more traumatic on yourself, you’ll lose all the goodness that hides in the body).
3. Boil lobster for 15 minutes.
4. Remove lobster from pot and place on ice for 15 minutes to cool meat.
5. Shuck meat from lobsters reserving tomalley and roe for mayo.
1. Whisk Lobster tomalley, eggs, roe, and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
2. Slowly add canola oil while whisking.
3. Season Mayo with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cut 1 end off the sourdough loaf.
2. Cut a 3-inch slice of bread.
3. Make a cut down the middle of the 3-inch slice to resemble a “hot dog” bun.
4. Butter both sides liberally and fry in a pan on medium heat until both sides are crispy.
5. Remove from pan and open bun gently. Stuff with crispy lettuce.
6. Add all shucked lobster on top of lettuce.
7. Top lobster meat with LOTS of lobster mayo.